Day 132: Citizen Scientists
College-prep Physics: Students went to Zooniverse.org so they could help out real scientists in various astronomy research projects! At the end of the period, I asked them for a reflection:
- Which project did you choose and why?
- What did you do in the project?
- What new things did you learn in doing the project?
- What questions do you have now after working on the project?
- If we had another day in the future to work on this, would you work on the same project or choose a different one? Why?
- Would you work on this project on your own, outside of class, just for fun? Why/why not?
Conceptual Physics: Students completed a review sheet about magnets, electromagnets, and electromagnetic induction in preparation for a quiz on Friday.