Day 177: No More Microwave Experiments, Please!
- No microwaves
- No baking
- No experiments you were capable of doing back middle or elementary school
- No “Do heavy objects fall faster?” because we already did that in class
- No objects rolling down ramps to see which rolls faster
Essentially, the project will have to be something they were only capable of doing this year because the project utilizes either:
- new data collection techniques (e.g., video analysis, Vernier probes, etc.)
- new physics concepts (e.g., calculating energies, analyzing momentum, etc.)
Hopefully, this will raise the bar for the projects. I want to simultaneously engage my kids in scientific inquiry AND see the world through a new lens by using their new physics tools and concepts.