Day 131: Moving Charge in a Magnetic Field
AP Physics C: Intro to Magnetic force on moving charge (shown without sound):
Also played with VPython program showing charged particle moving in B-Field:
- What determines the force on the charge?
- changing B (magnitude, direction, parallel, perpendicular)
- changing q (magnitude, sign)
- changing v (magnitude, direction)
- Cross product & Right Hand Rule to determine direction of force.
The VPython program (and others) are available on the Matter and Interactions website page E&M Lecture Demo Programs.