Day 62: False-Color Images
Astronomy: Today we did a false-color image activity.
Devise a color palette for the picture:
- You may use only 4 different colors.
- Assign each color a brightness key.
Look at each classmate’s picture and answer:
- What is different and what is the same as you look at everyone’s picture?
- Compare the pictures in terms of the pros and cons of using different color palettes.
- When you choose a different color palette, do the data change, or do we just see the data differently? Explain.
NGSS Science and Engineering Practices:
#2. Developing and using models
#4. Analyzing and interpreting data